Information we collect about you
- Information about how you use our website, and which websites you came from.
- Technical information about your device or browser when you use our website, including geolocation data to determine what country you are accessing our website from, your internet protocol (IP) address, device ID, browser type and version and time zone setting, which may in some circumstances be personal data.
How and why we use your personal data
We have set out all of the ways we use your personal data, and why in the table below. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
It is sometimes necessary for us to process your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you, or to satisfy a contractual requirement (referred to as ‘performance of a contract with you’ below), or to comply with a statutory requirement.
|How we use your personal data||Why we use your personal data|
|Maintaining the website||We use browsing history and online ID to provide a better service to you.||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to ensure that we are able to provide the best service to you).|
|Staff training||We may use your browsing history to train our staff.||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to ensure that we are able to provide the best service to you).|
|Statistical Analysis||Review of visitor traffic and trends.||Necessary for legitimate interests (to improve our website experience).|
How your information is shared
Depending on the nature of your visit, we sometimes share the data we collect from you with the following trusted third parties:
- Parent organisation for governance and statistical monitoring.
- Law enforcement agencies and third-party security companies – for the purposes of ensuring that we comply with the law and have adequate security measures in place.
How long do we keep your information?
- We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal or contractual requirements.
- At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted or anonymised (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes.
- To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
- In some circumstances you may be entitled to ask us to delete your data: see ‘Your rights’ for further information.