We, Kent Surrey and Sussex Community Rehabilitation Company Limited (KSS CRC), are committed to protecting your privacy and promise to collect, process and share your data safely and securely. Our Privacy Notice tells you how we do this and what your rights are. Any personal data processed in line with our Privacy Notice is being done in our capacity as either a data controller or joint data controller.
We want you to be confident that your personal data will be kept safe and secure whilst in our care, that’s why we will always tell you what we collect and how we use it. We only share your data with our network of trusted partners.
We will never sell your personal information to third parties.
Your data is important to us, that’s why it is protected by industry best practice systems and processes, is stored securely and we are committed to maintaining the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of your information at all times.
Data Controller details:
The Kent Surrey and Sussex Community Rehabilitation Company Limited
Registered Office: 75-77 Main Road, Hockley, Essex, SS5 4RG
Company Registration No: 08802556
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when KSS CRC collects personal information. It applies to information we collect about:
- People managed by KSS CRC following sentence by the courts, either directly or on behalf of the National Probation Service or Youth Offending Team. People who are not subject to a sentence of the Court but are in receipt of Interventions or Services provided through KSS CRC.
- Job applicants
- Enquiries through our ‘Contact us’ page
- Voice recordings
- Visitors to our website
Click the headings above to read more about how it applies to each of these areas.
How we protect your personal data
We have put various technical and organisational measures in place to protect your personal data:
- We are independently certified to a number of industry recognised standards, including ISO27001:2013 which helps us maintain the highest levels of security across our entire business.
- Our online security controls maintain confidentiality at all times.
- As described in this Privacy Notice, we may in some instances disclose your personal data to third parties. Where we do, we require that third party to have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to protect your personal data; however in some instances we may be compelled by law to disclose your personal data to a third party, and have limited control over how it is protected by that party.
- Our website and technical security controls are regularly audited by an independent auditor to ensure we maintain our security accreditations.
- Your personal data is not processed or transferred outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
You have the right:
- to ask us not to use your personal data for direct marketing.
- to ask us not to process your personal data where it is processed on the basis of legitimate interests, if there are no compelling reasons for that processing;
- to request from us access to personal information held about you (see below for how to make such a request);
- to ask for the information we hold about you to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- to ask that we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent;
- to ask, in certain circumstances, to delete the personal data we hold about you;
- to ask, in certain circumstances, for the processing of your personal data to be restricted; and
- to ask, in certain circumstances, for your data to be moved to another controller.
In order to request a copy of the personal data that KSS CRC holds about you, please send your request in writing to the Data Protection Officer at the address below. To enable us to verify your identity and process your request, you must include all of the following information and documentation with your request:
- your full name;
- a description of the data that you are requesting, including a date range;
- a copy of your current and valid photo ID (e.g. passport photo page);
- proof of your address in the form of a photocopy of a utilities or service provider bill; and
- the date of the request.
Get in touch with us
If you have any questions about our Privacy Notice, including any requests to exercise your rights, please contact the Data Protection Officer using the details set out below:
Data Protection Officer
Kent Surrey and Sussex Community Rehabilitation Company Limited (KSS CRC),
Maidstone Corporate Centre,
3rd Floor Maidstone House,
King Street, Maidstone
By email to:
If you are unhappy with our processing of your personal data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) at any time. The ICO contact details are available here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ .
We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with any concerns before you approach the ICO, so please contact the Data Protection Officer in the first instance.