Information we collect about you
- Details (and copies) of your communications and interactions with us via our Communications team or otherwise, including by email, telephone (voice recordings) and post.
- Information about how you use our website, and which websites you came to our website from. For more information, please see the Visitors to our website page.
- We may also receive personal data directly from you or from various third parties and public sources, including from social media channels (if you interact with us through those channels), or other third parties including from employers or recruitment agencies.We have set out all of the ways we use your personal data, and why in the table below. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
How and why we use your personal data
It is sometimes necessary for us to process your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you, or to satisfy a contractual requirement (referred to as ‘performance of a contract with you’ below), or to comply with a statutory requirement.
How your information is shared
Depending on the nature of your enquiry, we sometimes share the data we collect from you with the following trusted third parties:
|How we use your personal data||Why we use your personal data|
|Enquiry||We use your personal and contact information to deal with your enquiry.||Necessary for the legitimate interest of dealing with your enquiry.|
|Verification of identity and address||We may require copies of documents to verify your identity.||Necessary for compliance with a legal or contractual obligation.|
|Communicating with you||We use the personal and contact information provided by you and copies of your communications with us to manage our relationship with you. For example:
||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to ensure your enquiry is dealt with).
Necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to evidence our interactions).
|Staff training||We may use copies of your communications with us (including voice recordings) in order to train our staff.||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to ensure that we are able to provide the best service to you).|
- General enquiries made through the Contact Us page and not shared outside the organisation.
- Supply chain partners who are contractually linked with the delivery of our programmes on behalf of us.
- Recruitment and employment agencies to assist in the fulfilment of our contractual obligations to help you find employment.
- Police or other such regulatory authority – as part of an investigation or otherwise for legal or regulatory purposes.
- Auditors – to audit our systems and processes for the purposes of ensuring efficiency, or regulatory or contractual compliance.
- English law enforcement agencies and third-party security companies – for the purposes of ensuring that we comply with the law and have adequate security measures in place.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, auditors and insurers – for the purposes of providing consultancy, legal, insurance and accounting services.
How long do we keep your information?
- We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal or contractual requirements.
- At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted or anonymised (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes.
- To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances you may be entitled to ask us to delete your data: see ‘Your rights’ below for further information.